The review aimed to ensure that:
- the governance and supporting administration arrangements for the edu.au domain are appropriate and act for the benefit of the Australian education and training sector
- the domain name eligibility and allocation policies allow the domain to remain sustainable, while maintaining the integrity of the domain
- the domain name eligibility and allocation policies are consistent with:
- .au Domain Administration Ltd policies and practices for the management of the .au domain
- current trends, practices and standards within the education and training sector
- current trends, practices and standards in the use of the internet.
eDAC released an Issues Paper for public comment on 22 August 2014, with submissions closing on 3 October 2014. In response to the submissions and feedback received to the Issues Paper, eDAC subsequently released a Discussion Paper on 3 December 2014 for further comment, with submissions closing on 27 January 2015.
Issued for public comment on 22 August 2014
Issued for public comment on 3 December 2014
eDAC prepared a Final Review Report and submitted it to auDA. auDA having reviewed the Report at its April 2015 meeting accepted its recommendations in full. eDAC implemented the recommendations of the Final Review Report, resulting in the current Governance Arrangement and new edu.au policies taking effect from 1 July 2015.
Final review report
Recommendations as a result of issues and discussion papers
Acceptance of the recommendations