- Personal information collected when you use this website There are various ways in which Education Services Australia Limited may collect personal information.
Clickstream Data and Cookies
When you visit this Website the Education Services Australia Limited server makes a record of your visit and logs the following personal information:
- your server address
- your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .net, .edu, etc)
- the time and date of your visit to the Website
- the pages and documents you have accessed or viewed
- the type of browser you are using.
Google Inc uses this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Website, compiling reports on website activity for Education Services Australia Limited and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google Inc may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google Inc's behalf. Google Inc will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google Inc.
Emails and Electronic Forms
The personal information collected by Education Services Australia Limited when you send Education Services Australia Limited an email, will include your email address and may also include some of your personal information. In all cases and at all times, this personal information will only be used for the stated purpose for which it was provided.
Education Services Australia Limited records your email address and Personal Information in the following cases:
- when you apply for a domain name through the .edu.au registrar services provided by Education Services Australia
- when you subscribe to any Education Services Australia Limited publications
- when you use Education Services Australia Limited firstname.lastname@example.org, email address to contact Education Services Australia
- when you register to attend an Education Services Australia event.
When giving such consent you should be aware that personal information published on this Website is accessible by multiple users from all over the world, that it will be indexed by search engines and that it may be copied and used by any web user. This means that, once personal information is published on this Website, Education Services Australia Limited will have no control over its subsequent use and disclosure.
All personal information collected by Education Services Australia Limited is protected by the Privacy Act (Cth) 1988 and any subsequent Federal Legislation. Information on the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 can be found on the Federal Privacy Commissioner's website www.privacy.gov.au/.
This Website does not, however, provide facilities for the secure transmission of information across the internet. (For activities that require secure transmission over the internet Education Services Australia Limited uses a third party provider. This means that when purchasing from Education Services Australia Limited your financial details are passed through a secure third party server using the latest 128-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology. For example registrations and payments for Education Services Australia Limited conferences and seminars are managed via a secure third party gateway.)
You should be aware that there are inherent risks associated with the transmission of Personal Information via the internet. If you do not wish to use the internet to transmit personal information you can mail or phone Education Services Australia Limited.
You should also note that if you link to a non-Education Services Australia Limited web page, a different privacy and security statement is likely to apply.
Additional Principles Applicable To .edu.au Domain Name Registrants
While Education Services Australia Limited understands that privacy is important to you, registration of an edu.au domain name is a relatively open and public process. It is therefore important that you read the following principles and understand the ways in which your personal information may be used and disclosed to third parties.
- Collection of personal information When you apply for an edu.au domain name, we collect the personal information you provide to us on the registration form. We also collect personal information you may submit to us in managing your .edu.au domain name (such as updated contact details) and when you renew your .edu.au domain name. This information is termed your “registration information” for the purposes of these principles.
- Use of information We use the personal information that you provide to us for administering the .edu.au domain name space. We store some or all of this information in an electronic management system, so that we can record the history of our dealings with you. We also store your registration information in a central database maintained by Education Services Australia Limited of all registrants of edu.au domain names.
- Disclosure of personal information The registration information that you provide to us is disclosed by Education Services Australia to AusRegistry, a third party who are responsible for maintaining a comprehensive database of all domain name registrants in the .au domain name space.
We may also collect other personal information when you deal with us in relation to your domain name, such as if a dispute arises in relation to the use of your domain name.
Your registration information disclosed to and stored in AusRegistry databases is publicly searchable and accessible, via the internet, by any third parties who choose to do so. Education Services Australia Limited has no control over the way in which any such third parties may use your personal information. We may also disclose your personal information to the .edu.au Domain Name Administration Committee (eDAC). This may include for the purposes of enabling eDAC to consider whether your application for a .edu.au domain name complies with the registration criteria, and also in considering any dispute over your right to register an edu.au domain name.
We also prepare summary reports of our dealings with registrants from our electronic management system, and provide copies of these reports to eDAC. Such reports may include your personal information.