.edu.au Governance and Policy Review
- Status The .edu.au Domain Administration Committee (eDAC) has now completed its public review of the .edu.au domain's:
- governance and supporting administration arrangements; and
- domain name eligibility and allocation policies.
The review was aimed at ensuring that:
- the governance and supporting administration arrangements for the .edu.au domain are appropriate and act for
the benefit of Australian education and training sector;
- the domain name eligibility and allocation policies allow the domain to remain sustainable, while maintaining the
integrity of the domain;
- the domain name eligibility and allocation policies are consistent with:
- au Domain Administration Limited's (auDA) policies and practices for the management of the .au domain;
- current trends, practices and standards within the education and training sector; and
- current trends, practices and standards in the use of the internet.
eDAC subsequently released a [Discussion Paper] on 3 December 2014. Submissions closed on 27 January 2015.